We want to make certain their solution to the current shortfall of the Post Office does not include cutting the mailing of day-old poultry.
The Bird Shippers of America organization has produced a petition I am asking you to sign. This will be sent to Congress, the White House and the US Postmaster.
I am also asking you to write a quick note on the website of your Congressman and Senator so they know how important it is to you that the Post Office continues to carry day-old poultry.
You can go to the link below, click on your state and it will give you the websites of your Senators and Congressman. Just send them a quick note with your feelings and concerns. It is easy and fast.
Some items you could include in your note:
- The Post Office is the only way day-old poultry can be shipped in the United States
- If hatcheries cannot ship the birds, no one will have the chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys and other poultry they want and need
- These birds are important to you because …
- The Post Office has been delivering day old poultry for over 100 years
- There are tens of thousands of jobs dependent on day-old poultry in hatcheries, feed stores, feed mills, farmers producing the feed for these birds, farmers growing these birds for eggs and meat, poultry equipment manufacturers, etc.
- Over 60 million birds are mailed thorough the US Postal Service every year
Contact Your Senators
Contact Your Representatives
Thank you very much for your assistance. Only by hearing from those that elect them will they consider our needs.