|The Modern Homesteader's Guide to Keeping Geese||$17.99|
Geese are the historic unsung heroes of small farms and homesteads. Providing weed control, large eggs, and entertainment, and acting as "security" over other animals, geese are the ultimate modern homesteading companion.
This book provides everything you need to know about raising geese including:
- Profiles of breeds and how to select the best one for your needs
- How to "imprint" goslings on a person
- Feeding, housing, animal health, and cold weather care
- Using geese for weed control, soil improvement, and as "watch-geese"
- Cooking with goose eggs and meat
- The rich history of geese on farms in North America and Europe
This book will enhance any goose keeper's enjoyment of these intelligent and unique birds.